Email confirmations, also known as autoresponder emails, are useful when you want to automatically send users a receipt after a purchase, or confirmation of their form submission. Personalize these emails by editing the subject, writing the message, and including options like entry details, payment information, uploaded files, and document copies of entries.
Select Submission Settings from the bottom of your form builder and click the corresponding On/Off button to enable Confirmation Emails.The first time you create a confirmation email, the confirmation email dialog will appear. Fill out the appropriate fields and then click the Save button.
Organizations on the Pro, Team, or Enterprise plans have the ability to create multiple confirmations. To add additional confirmations, click on the title of the Confirmation Emails section to expand it, and then select the New Email link at the bottom.
You also have the option to resend Confirmation emails when necessary. To resend a Confirmation Email, go to the Entries page and click on an entry to expand its details. Then, find the Share option at the top of the page, and select it to open the Share Entry dialog. Here, you can edit and resend a Confirmation email at any time. Refer to our entry sharing help topic for more information.
Enter the display name and email address you want users to reply to if they respond to your form’s email confirmation. The display name will default to your Organization's name, and the email address will default to the Default Reply-To Email that is set under the General section of your Organization's Settings.
Note: The address that email confirmations are sent from (email@example.com) cannot be changed.
In this dropdown, you can select any Email field on your form. When a user enters their email address, the form will capture it to be used as the “To” address for your email confirmations. Please make sure that you require your Email field on your form.
Create the subject line for your form’s confirmation emails. Use the “Insert Field” option to pull data from a form entry into the subject line, such as Name or Date.
Enter a custom message that will appear in the body of the confirmation emails. Insert images, links, or use the “Insert Field” option to pull data from your form’s entries, as well as include entry view/edit links.
Send When Submitted
By default, email confirmations will always be sent when your user submits the form. However, you may want to send the email based on certain conditions such as a selected value of a field on the form.
- Always - Email is always sent.
- When - Email is sent only when specific conditions are met. After selecting this option, the Conditional Logic Builder dialog will display allowing you to select when the confirmation should be sent.
- Never - Email is never sent. Use this option to temporarily suspend the sending of emails without having to delete your confirmation.
Send When Updated
By default, email confirmations will not be sent when an entry is updated. However, you may want to send the email every time an entry administrator edits and saves an existing entry. You may also want to send the email based on certain conditions such as a selected value of a field on the form.
- Always - Email is always sent.
- When - Email is sent only when specific conditions become true. After selecting this option, the Conditional Logic Builder dialog will display allowing you to select when the confirmation should be sent.
- Never - Email is never sent. This is the default option.
- Org & Form name - Check this box to include the name of your organization and your form's title in the email.
- Entry details - Check this box to include the form entry data in the confirmation email. Please note that if your form is capturing sensitive data, we do not recommend this option.
- Blank fields - When you check the box Include entry details?, you are presented with the option to include blank fields. This will include any entry fields that were left blank in the confirmation email.
- Receipt - Include the transaction details in your confirmation email (for collecting payment only). This will include the last four digits of the card number, order details, and other payment-specific information.
- Uploaded files - Check this box to include uploaded files as attachments to the email confirmation. Attachments will maintain their original file name and are limited to a total aggregated size of 17 megabytes per email. This feature requires at least a Pro subscription. Learn more about our plans and pricing.
- Documents - Check this box to attach a Pdf or Word copy of the submitted entry to the confirmation email. You can customize the format of this document from the Manage Documents menu.
Include Sharing Link?
With entry link sharing enabled on your form, you can share links that allow users to view or edit their entries after they've already been submitted.
- Edit link - Check this box to include a link that allows users to edit and resubmit their previously submitted entries.
- View link - Check this box to include a link that allows users to review their entries, but without the ability to make changes.
Confirmation email without details included.
Confirmation email with details included.