When you first add a field that collects payment, or click “Payment: Add Account” in the footer, a box will appear that introduces you to our payment account options, PayPal and Stripe.
When selecting either payment processor, you’ll be taken to a new window where you can register for a new PayPal/Stripe account or connect your existing account. All of your information must be valid and correct, as PayPal/Stripe will verify your identity (and if you are representing an organization, the identity of the organization), to ensure you are collecting payment for legitimate reasons.
- Once you are presented with the option of using PayPal or Stripe, click 'Connect with PayPal'.
- Next, enter your email address to either sign up or log in to your existing account.
- If you're signing up for a new account, you'll be taken to a page where you can enter your login info and business contact information. Select "Agree and Continue" once you are done.
- Then, enter some basic information about your business.
- Provide some personal information to help verify your identity.
- And you're finished! Make sure to confirm your email by following the instructions PayPal sent to your email account. Click "Go back to Cognito LLC" to head back over to your Cognito Forms account.
- Once back in your Cognito Forms account, you will see a dialog box confirming that your form is connected to PayPal.
- Once you are presented with the option of using PayPal or Stripe, click 'Connect with Stripe'.
- To start this process, you will be taken over to Stripe's website. Here, you can either sign in with your existing Stripe account, or sign up for a new Stripe account. If you have a Stripe account, go ahead and sign in using the link in the top right corner. If you do not have a Stripe account, you can go through the sign up process.
- You will notice that you have some information to fill out; some of this will already be filled in based on your Cognito Forms information. You will want to make sure that your County is correct. You will also have to tell Stripe a little about your business to verify that your business is real.
- Next you will need to set up your account details; this will go into what kind of business type you are, if you have a business number (Tax ID), your business address, and your business website.
- The next section is about you, or the business owner. Stripe is just trying to make sure that you are related to the business and that you can make decisions for the business.
- Next will be the information for the credit card statement, the business's name, and phone number.
- The next section is an important one: if you will be collecting money from your users, you'll need to input your bank information.
- The last thing you will need to do is create the email address and password you will be logging into your Stripe account with. This is up to you and can be different than what you have for your Cognito Account.
- Once you're finished, just click 'Authorize access to this account'; this will link your Cognito Forms account to your newly created Stripe account. You will also be directed back to Cognito Forms, where your Stripe account will appear as connected. All you have to do now is click Save and publish your form!
On PayPal, it is necessary to have your debit/credit card information connected with your account in order to send or receive payments. You do not have to provide a credit card to register with Stripe (or Cognito Forms) to enable payment, as the processing fees are simply taken out of processed payments. However, you will have to specify bank account information so that Stripe can deposit money from your form into your account.