This feature is available to organizations on the Pro, Team, and Enterprise plans.
With Entry Link Sharing enabled on your form, you can send links to your users that allow them to either view or edit their entries after they’ve already been submitted. You can send these links automatically to every user after submission, or manually share them with individual users at any time.
Please note: 1) Payment forms with a status of Paid will only be available as view-only. If a customer needs to edit their entry and change their order, you must refund their order back first. 2) Your form's title is used as part of the URL for your shared entry links. If you update your form's title, your current entry links will no longer be valid.
- First, ensure that "Allow Entry Link Sharing?" is enabled in your form settings. When selected, a few additional options will appear.
Allow Edit Links
Edit links allow users to make changes to their previously submitted entries. You can even allow for edit links to work based on certain conditions, such as a selected value of a field on the form.
- Always - Edit links will always work.
- When - Edit links will only work when specific conditions are met. After selecting this option, the Conditional Logic Builder dialog will display, allowing you to specify which conditions will trigger the link to work.
- Never - Edit links will never work.
Allow View Links
View links allow users to review their previously submitted entries, but they cannot make any updates. You can also allow view links to work based on certain conditions, such as a selected value of a field on the form.
- Always - View links will always work.
- When - View links will only work when specific conditions are met. After selecting this option, the Conditional Logic Builder dialog will display, allowing you to specify which conditions will trigger the link to work.
- Never - View links will never work.
From the Entries page, you can include entry links in separate emails and share them with individual users at any time. Much like notification and confirmation emails, you can customize the from/to addresses, subject, message, and details included by default in the email template.
URL of Embedded Form
If your form is embedded, you can include the URL of where the form is located on your website. This will ensure that users are taken back to your embedded form on your webpage when they access the link to view or edit their entries.
Include entry links in notification/confirmation emails
You can include entry view and edit links in notification and confirmation emails (located under Submission Settings in your form builder). Simply find the "Include Sharing Link?" section and select the "Edit link" and "View link" boxes when editing the email settings. You can also insert view/edit links into the message section with the Insert Field tool. Learn more about notification and confirmation emails.
Include entry links in confirmation messages
Additionally, include entry view and edit links in the confirmation message that appears immediately after a user submits their form. In the formatting toolbar, simply find the Insert Field option and select both edit link and view links from the drop down list. Learn more about form confirmations.
You can share view/edit links with individual users at any time. To manually send individual entry links:
- Ensure that "Allow Entry Link Sharing?" is enabled in your form settings.
- Next, go to your Entries page and select the entry you wish to share. Then, find the Share link at the top of the entry.
- The Share Entry dialog box will now appear.
Share a Link
Here, you can choose whether you want to send an edit link (which will allow your users to edit and resubmit their entry), or a view link (which will simply allow your users to review their entry). These links can be set to expire after a certain number of days, when the entry is submitted, or never. Note: If the entry is set to expire after it is submitted, the status of the entry will change to Incomplete.
You can also choose how you want to send the link; you can simply copy the URL from the "Link to Share" option, or you can set up an email underneath with the entry link included. To customize the default settings of your email, set the Email Template option in the entry link sharing section of your form builder.
In addition to sharing entries, the Share option also allows you to resend notification and confirmation emails. Note: You do not need to have entry link sharing enabled on your form to do this. By default, the email templates will be set according to the default settings of your notification/confirmation emails in your form builder.