This is a paid add-on feature available to organizations on our Pro, Team, and Enterprise plans. Visit our pricing guidelines to learn more.
From the Manage Document Templates dialog, you can download a template, customize it, then upload it to create custom PDF files and Word documents. To get started:
- Once you've determined the default details to include in your template, you can get started customizing your template. Select the Customize field at the bottom of the Manage Document Templates dialog.
- In the dialog that appears, select Download to download a Word document containing your template (set by default based on the fields and information you included).
- In Word, your form's field names will appear as plain text, with field tokens next to them in brackets. You can adjust field names, move fields around, change font size/type/color, and much more. You can even write expressions in Cognito calculation syntax.
- Press the "Upload" button to upload your template. If it contains any errors that might prevent it from merging correctly, you can download an annotated version of the template that provides a description and points out the location of each error.
- Next, you can select the output format - either PDF file, or Word document. If your document contains a custom font, make sure to upload the font file as well. To upload a different document, simply select the trash icon to delete the existing one.
- After uploading your template, you can open/save your new custom document: