To learn what happens when you exceed your monthly storage/entries/users limits, refer to our FAQ.
You can check your organization's monthly usage from the Plan section on your organization's settings page. Your usage is based on your organization's number of users, entry count, number of document merges, and your overall storage capacity. Your storage capacity (which does not reset monthly) is calculated based on a mix of the following: 1) the form itself, 2) all entries, 3) all files uploaded to entries via the File Upload field, 4) Signature fields, 5) images uploaded to the Content field, and 6) theme images, backgrounds, logos, etc.
To check your organization's monthly usage:
- Click on your organization’s name in the top right and then click the settings icon next to your organization.
- Click Plan in the left-hand navigation.
- You can now view the current usage for your users, entries, merges, and storage.
Most of your organization's storage is likely comprised of uploaded files. To delete the files attached to your entries:
- Select an entry from the entries list on the Entries page.
- Once the specific entry has been selected, click the "Edit" button at the bottom right of the page.
- Select the trash can icon to delete each file attached to the entry.
When you exceed your plan limits for entries/storage/users, the following will occur:
When the number of new entries created in a given month exceeds the limits for the current plan, these additional entries will be locked. Cognito Forms will not prevent entries from being created and will not affect form submissions. These locked entries can be unlocked within 30 days by upgrading to a plan that provides a sufficient number of monthly entries.
When an organization exceeds the total amount of storage allowed for their current plan, downloading of uploaded files will be blocked. Cognito Forms will not prevent new entries from being created or files uploaded. The ability to download uploaded files will be restored when the total storage for data and files drops below plan limits; either as a result of clearing up storage, or by upgrading to a plan that provides sufficient storage.
When an organization has more users than what's included in their current plan, two things may occur:
1) For organizations on the free Individual plan, additional users will be able to log in but will not be able to manage forms or entries. Since organizations on the Individual plan cannot invite users, this will only occur as a result of downgrading from a paid plan.
2) For organizations on a paid plan, users above the plan user limits will be automatically billed monthly at the additional user rate ($2/user/month). The number of users for billing purposes is the number of active users (not including pending invitations) at the end of each month. Users can be removed from an organization at any time to reduce or avoid additional user fees.