To get started, open up the form builder and click into any of the empty placeholders on your form. From the Add field menu, you can select a variety of field types.
- Textbox - A Textbox Field is used to collect free-form, text-based responses. The user can type in any combination of letters or numbers in response to the question.
- Name - A Name Field is used to collect a person’s name (first, middle, last) without having to create or manage multiple textbox fields.
- Choice - A Choice Field allows users to select from predefined options in the form of a dropdown, radio buttons, or checkboxes.
- Address - An Address Field is used to collect valid address information (street, city, state, zip) in a single field.
- Yes/No - A Yes/No Field allows users to specify yes/no or true/false responses.
- Phone - A Phone Field is used to collect valid phone numbers.
- Date - A Date Field is used to collect date or time formatted responses.
- Email - An Email Field is used to collect valid email addresses. The email address will require a “@”and “.” from the user before the form can be submitted.
- Number - A Number Field is used to collect number values such as integers, decimals, or percentages. The user will only be able to input numbers into this field.
- Website - A Website Field is used to collect valid URLs or website addresses.
- Currency - A Currency Field is used to collect responses that are in monetary formats. The user will only be able to input numbers into this field. The number will be displayed as $#,###.## with a decimal value.
- Rating Scale - A Rating Scale is a matrix of choices or a Likert scale used to allow users to rank statements or questions on their form.
- Price - A Price Field collects payment for a charge that is either a fixed amount or calculated using other information on your form.
- Signature - A signature field allows you to collect electronic signatures from your users.
- Content - A Content Field is used to display read-only text on the form. This can be used to add more instructions to the form or to give the user filling out the form more information. Users will not be able to add anything to this field.
- Page Break - Page breaks are used to split your form into multiple pages. To learn more, see Multi-Page Forms.
- Section - A Section is a container used to visually group a set of related fields on your form.
- Repeating Section - A Repeating Section is a container used to group a set of fields that repeats as needed, allowing people to add multiple instances of the section to the form.
- Table - A Table field is a grid used to group a set of fields that repeats as needed, allowing the user to add multiple rows of identical information.
- File Upload - A File Upload Field allows users to upload files (such as PDFs and images) along with their form submission.
- Calculation - A Calculation Field is used to display read-only values based on a calculation which may include values, from other fields on the form.